We still have a few weeks yet until the temperatures start to rise and we start thinking SPRING! With the dry winter weather many of us suffer from dry skin. We wash our hands multiple times a day to keep the germs away, but this causes our hands to become extremely dry! Here are a few tips to help cure those dry, cracked hands.
1. Paraffin – This petroleum-based product hydrates and softens skin while coating the skin’s surface. This helps treat dry skin and moisturize cuticles. Often this is done with a manicure or pedicure in salons and spas. The Academy of Beauty Professionals offers this service as well!
2. Wear Gloves – It seems simple, but the dry winter hair pulls the moisture right out of your skin. To prevent this wear cotton or leather globes.
3. Moisturize – Keep a bottle of lotion by your sink to moisturize after each time you wash your hands. Since soap dries out the skin, you can replenish that moisture with a good lotion. You could also use a moisturizing cleanser to lock down moisture in your hands.
4. Use Pure Aloe and/or Coconut Oil – Applying either of these to the skin is a miracle worker when it comes to dry skin!
5. Exfoliate – You can get an exfoliating scrub from any store that supplies skin care products, or there is a simple way to do it from your kitchen. Just mix together 1-2 tbsp. olive oil or coconut oil and 1-2 tbsp. sugar. Rub in circular motions all over your hands for a few minutes. Rinse. Apply a moisturizer and feel the fresh softness of your hands! For the best results, do this 2-3 times/week.