Being an esthetician goes beyond the treatment of skin for health or beauty. It is a personally gratifying career that opens the door to all sorts of career options as well.
If you are a people person, and have a passion for skincare, skin treatments, and makeup – then becoming an esthetician might be the right career choice for you!
Here are just a few reasons why you should become an esthetician:
1. Gratification. As an esthetician, you have the ability to help people feel good about themselves. Inspire others to find confidence in themselves – every single day!
2. Choices. The beauty about being an esthetician is the versatility of this field. You can train to become a medical esthetician and work in a doctor’s office or for a plastic surgeon.
Work as a makeup artist or facialist at a salon or spa, work in a dermatologist’s office, or own your own business – you really have the freedom to decide which environment you would like to work in!
3. Time. Esthetician programs take significantly less time than college. You can complete your esthetics education in 21 weeks! A shorter amount of time in school means the less money you spend on tuition, and the faster you can get to work!
4. Growth. The job market for estheticians is expanding. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) the job outlook for estheticians is favorable, with an expected growth of 14% between 2016 and 2026 – which is faster than the average projected job growth.
5. Opportunity. Working in the personal care and beauty industry opens up several opportunities that allow you to continue to grow by expanding your skill set and knowledge. Estheticians are the first to know about the latest products, equipment, tools, and techniques for skincare and makeup.
As a skincare specialist, you have the opportunity to share your expertise with clients, and ultimately steer the beauty industry by promoting, using, and recommending products and technologies to your clients.
If you find these reasons to become an esthetician intriguing, then connect with us to continue the conversation!