How to adapt your skincare routine for fall
Just as the leaves change in fall, so should your skincare routine! The cold weather, with its harsher winds and freezing temperatures, can cause redness and dryness – leaving our skin more sensitive and dehydrated.
A few adjustments to your skincare routine can help you combat the colder weather and keep your skin glowing!
fall skincare tips
- Wash your face in the morning and evening with warm water, NOT hot water.
- Apply SPF 30+ DAILY, even when the sun is not out.
- Use a PH balanced toner.
- Use a hydrator containing aloe vera or green tea.
- Apply serums that contain hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid helps skin retain water to plump the skin giving the appearance of reduced fine lines and wrinkles.
- Exfoliate with a mild exfoliator at least 2 times per week.
- Get a professional chemical peel – there are many AHA’s that are beneficial for dry skin. Chemical peel benefits include the sloughing off dead skin cells to increase cellular turnover rate, better product absorption and reduces the look of fine lines, wrinkles and hyperpigmentation.
- Consider using a hydrating or calming mask 1-2 times a week.
- Moisturize both morning and night. If skin is super dry and dehydrated applying a heavier night cream before bed may be beneficial as well.
- Consider using a lip balm and eye cream on a daily basis. Lips and eyes are very delicate and easily affected by extreme weather change.
- Drink water! By drinking adequate amounts of water, you will keep your skin healthy and hydrated.